Hello from Ramstein!

For the english speaking friends of our aircooled forum

Moderatoren: Jörg, Ansprechpartner des Vereins

Antworten
Woreign

Hello from Ramstein!

Beitrag von Woreign »

Hello!

My family and I just moved to Germany a few weeks ago from Italy. We have found the people in Germany to be very friendly, and we are looking forward to the next 3-4 years that we will be living here.

I also brought with me my 1970 Notchback. I bought it in Italy about a year and half ago. I have been working on it ever since and have made it into my daily driver. The most notable improvement I made has been the red interior with matching dash. I don't think it's fair that only the 66 models had a pigalle interior, so I made one for my 70! Here are some photos for your enjoyment:

Bild

Bild

Anyway, I hope to be able to attend some of the VW meetings and shows here in Germany, especially the 50th Anniversary of the Type 3 at Wolfsburg this year! If anyone has more information on the event, please let me know.

I hope to meet you all soon!

Warren
atoepper
Boxer-Luder

Re: Hello from Ramstein!

Beitrag von atoepper »

Hi Warren, welcome here! a very nice sedan you got there. congratulations! maybe you come also at 01 mai to Hanover. Look at the side of http://www.kaefertreffen.de Enjoy the pictures .....

Greetings

Andreas
VW 1600 TL aus 16.08.1972 in sumatragrün
Gerd Grebbin
Motorhintenhaber

Beitrag von Gerd Grebbin »

Hi Warren, welcome and congratulation on your car. The interior is extremely smart !!!
1. May Hannover is a good tip, maybe you find a red steering wheel at one of the numerous dealers and shops.

Regards - Gerd
Typ 34 Modelljahr 1967
Pepitant
Bergaufbremser

Beitrag von Pepitant »

hey warren,

welcome @ the forum. now we have two reddashfaker here :lol:
is your dashboard painted or a real pigalle?
the dashboard of miss pepitant is original but the rest is a fake

take a look to http://www.pepitant.blogspot.com

see you @ hannover 2011

mis pepitant
VW 1600 N Variant BJ 67
yeti69
Schlaumeier

Beitrag von yeti69 »

Hey, Warren,
good to see you here!
As mentioned, I'll will keep you updated on GTG's and other stuff, hope to meet you on May, 1

Greetz,
Markus
1966er TL-the Volksback

too old to die young...

Mein Blog: http://yeti69.blogspot.com/
Woreign

Beitrag von Woreign »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Regarding my dash, I painted it to match the interior. I had a local paint company mix some paint especially for vinyl/plastic.

Finding a red steering wheel would be nice, but I would settle for a red leather wrap-around cover. They seem to be hard to find these days...

I've been busy moving this week. Hopefully my family and I can settled in quickly. Then I can star spending some time working on my Notch. I need to install a new ignition switch and temperature sensor (fuel injection).

Later,

Warren
Frl. Rohrmoser
Pressereferent (Ansprechpartner Region Nordwestdeutschland)

Beitrag von Frl. Rohrmoser »

Hello Warren,
welcome here! Hope to meet you on May 1 in Hannover:
mkt200608 [800x600].jpg
Gruß,
Carsten
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
VW 1600 TL, Bj.66, Balticblau -Frl. Rohrmoser-
VW 1500 N, Bj. 64, Safaribeige -Kleiner Kumpel-
Scholz Brüderchen, Bj. 66
Volvo V 60, Bj. 15
lexxus

Beitrag von lexxus »

Warren,why you don't try to paint to steering wheel to?? one of my friend did paint his steering wheel in white
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
34er
Volkswagenkenner

Beitrag von 34er »

Hi Warren,

welcome to our type3 community!
You own a very nice notchback with sunroof. Especially the red interior, even it`s painted, looks great and very well done!

The organisation of our 50th anniversary at Wolfsburg is in the responsibility of Peter ("P.Gast" here in forum). I think the detailed programm isn`t still completed, but he will let us know soon.
Do you read the thread about the registration for the meeting?
http://www.generation-luftgekuehlt.de/v ... =27&t=6154

Bye

Goetz
Antworten